Metallics are sometimes not the easiest things to pull off, especially for a daytime outfit. To take your metallic items to daytime with these easy steps.
- Choose one metallic clothing piece – For this look I chose a gold pleated leather skirt by LIVEN. This metallic works great for daytime because it isn’t a shiny as some metallics can be.
- Ground your metallic with neutrals. – I kept most of my other pieces in a tan color palette. The choice of this color palette helps to make the skirt pop but not in a way that it would in a nighttime look.
- Add casual pieces. – Another way to take a metallic into a more daytime look is to add fabrics or pieces that are usually identified with casual looks. Denim jackets are perfect because they can be dressed up or down so I added this one from Suncoo Paris.
- Simple Shoes. – Simple in either fabric and or design. I opted for a knee-high boot from Zara in my neutral palette. You could also pair this skirt with a sneaker. Since sneakers as usually deemed as a casual shoe you can play with fabrics and design. I would say if you do opt for a metallic sneaker maybe a sock that you can see in the same color palette as your other items.
- Have fun with accessories. – Choose accessories that complement your metallic piece. I love this sequins Zara clutch because I can wear it with either silver or gold. I can pair this look with an evening bag because majority of my look is neutral or casual. If I had opted for a statement shoe I would keep my accessories minimal.
I hope this helped you to take your metallic pieces from night to day. It’s all about maximizing your wardrobe. Anything I missed? Leave a comment below for how you take your items from night to day.
Until Next Monday,